Well the count down is almost over because Lollapalooza is tomorrow! I am so so excited because this year I got a 4 day pass.
Am I out of my mind?? You bet!!
A little story as to why I love music festivals:
I went to Governors Ball NYC back in 2012 the day after I graduated high school with my 6 best friends. It was such an amazing day and ever since- I’ve been hooked.
Between the people, music and #vibes- nothing beats a good festival.
I’ve made the mistake in the past of wearing too many layers and regretting it the entire day. That’s why this year, I’m keeping it super light in tropical print loose fitting button downs like this one I bought from Zara.
Also I am obsessed with these octagon Ray Bans I bought a few months ago. But if you choose to wear nice sunglasses- make sure you don’t drop them in a porta potty…
*RIP my blue aviators Northcoast 2016.*
Since I am going all four days this year, I’m excited to put together 4 different festival looks.
Lollapalooza isn’t as focused on fashion like Coachella is, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be!
Especially for guys. This is a great time to wear some of the funkier stuff in your closet and try out something different.
I put together a few tips on how to survive festivals for newbies (especially if you’re attending all four days.)
- Drink a lot of water and eat as healthy as possible in the days leading up and during the festival.
- Don’t forget to put on sunscreen.
- As previously mentioned- keep your outfit super light.
- If you chose to bring a backpack- just accept that all of your friends are going to put their stuff in it.
- Check the performers schedules so that you aren’t there all day every day.
- Plan to see your favorite artists so that you can sleep in/head home early and don’t over do it.
- Don’t show up to Lolla at around 2 pm thinking that you outsmarted everyone by coming a little later. Everyone thought that was a good idea. You will wait 2 hours to get in…
- Don’t drink too much before the festival to overcompensate for the hours you’ll be inside. My friends and I have made this mistake many a time and let me tell you- BAD IDEA.
~Who I’m most excited to see~
T H U R S D A Y
– LORDE (duh)
F R I D A Y
– DJ SNAKE
– THE KILLERS
S A T U R D A Y
– CHANCE THE RAPPER
S U N D A Y
– ZEDS DEAD
– LONDON GRAMMAR
I hope everyone attending Lolla this weekend has an amazing time and stays safe! 😉
Ciao for now,
S H O P L O L L A S H I R T S :
PHOTOS- IRON AND HONEY
Sunglasses- RAY BAN